Labels

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Vienna - Austrian capital on Christmas.

 My travel from Katowice to Vienna lasted around 6 hours and I arrived at 8 am. At the beginning I went to  probably the best known building in Vienna - to Schönbrunn.

In Vienna there is a summer residence of the Habsburgs - Schönbrunn Palace. Many famous people lived there, for example Elizabeth of Bavaria (also known as "Sisi"), her husband Franz Joseph I of Austria and other emperors.





 In summer there is a large beautiful garden around the palace.


  


In Austria we can find Mozart's monuments almost everywhere .




The city fascinated me mostly with its fine architecture. 




 Vienna in December is famous for its Christmas markets which take place every year. We can buy there many things like Christmas decorations, food and hot drinks like Glühwein (it's a kind of hot wine).



Almost the whole city is decorated by beautiful Christmas decorations.






Vienna impressed me very positively. The Christmas atmosphere and the beauty of the city are the main reasons why people want to come there again.



By the way I want to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment